03 March 2008

Track Wheelset Ordered!


I ordered the wheelset tonight, and it was a tough choice. I really wanted black rims without the machined braking surface, but that would have required a custom wheel build or riding fixed/fixed all the time. As I have never to this point even thrown my leg over a fixed gear (other than my Big Wheel), I like at least having the option of riding fixed/free.


So after much debating, and even recommendations from others, I decided to go with a black Formula/Mavic rim that's a mid-deep V. I couldn't get the "deep v" in black at the price I wanted, and I really wasn't sure I wanted it anyhow. I also thought long and hard about an economy wheelset from Bike Island, but I just couldn't get one name out of my head: MAVIC. If I ever need to sell these rims, I hope that name will ring just as true for another as it did for me.


BTW I wet sanded the frame today and it looks really good to me. Not perfect, but really good. Now I'm just waiting for a nice day to apply the next coat of primer, color and clear!

1 comment:

Adam B. said...

I like it. Good for you. You are definitely going to have to put a Brooks Saddle on that. http://www.sheldonbrown.com/harris/saddles/brooks-b17.html