31 March 2008

Bike To Work Day

April is Valley Bike Month, and my company has been gearing up (no pun intended) for a shindig to celebrate. We have no fewer than eight local bike shops committed to the event, the Department of Public Safety will be there in force, and the company is organizing technical challenges, offering prizes for distance ridden in the month, etc., and even passing out goodie bags (whatever that means) to any cyclist who commutes to work on the day of the event. Sounds like a good time, no? I wonder if DNA Cycles will be knocking major coin off their new bikes for the event...

In case you were wondering what my level of participation will be in this upcoming event, I will be manning the 'Bike Safety' booth (whatever that entails - sounds pretty hardcore) for the duration of my lunch break. Swell of me to donate my lunch to the hobby, eh? Any of my free time after the stint at the booth will likely not include winning technical challenges. Heck, I still can't hop-stop my fixie, let alone trackstand for five minutes.

Oh, and I'll definitely be picking up a goodie bag to let you know what I scored.

No comments: