05 March 2008

Colors Poll: What do you think?


















After sanding through the first coat of primer in a few spots, another coat went on. The next stage is a light scuff of the primer right before beginning topcoat. The DuPont basecoat will go on first...after that, and then if all goes well I'll hammer the DuPont clear down on top of everything. But herein lies my quandary. . .

What color to paint the frame and fork? Just so happens there's a leftover pint of Toyota Salsa Red pearl sitting on the shelf. It's a relic from a friend's 2004 Camry after he had, ah, shall we say a minor road rage incident (see repair pictures above *note: this was his wife's car*).

On the other hand, I've grown accustomed to having two blue bikes on the rack (and am especially fond of the light blue Gary Fisher, shown), and red just wouldn't do then, would it? So here's my dimemma: Salsa Red or Fisher Blue? If you can't tell, I'm leaning toward the blue, but I'll let you have a say.

Vote away-via email or the comments link below- and PLEASE, no hanging chads. Results will be tallied Friday at noon.

2 comments:

Melissa Stephenson said...

My vote is Salsa RED!!! I think it will really bring out your eyes.

LEE

Adam B. said...

I would go with red and white. I seem to have a childhood memory of those colors when it comes to schwinn bikes. White were the stickers go.